Looking for a career that will always be in demand?
Enrolled agents ("EAs") are respected tax specialists who are licensed by the IRS. They work for corporations, independent practices and in government and many start their own businesses. Let NAEA help you jumpstart your career as the tax professional of choice by joining today as an Academic Associate. NAEA is here to help you enter the enrolled agent profession by connecting you with the people, information and tools you need to succeed.
Who can join NAEA as an Academic Associate?
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in an accredited college or professional school in a tax, accounting, or finance career track
- Instructors of tax, accounting, or finance career track classes in accredited colleges or professional schools
- Individuals who are defined in Circular 230 or those who have been removed from practice are not eligible for this category
Why Join NAEA as an Academic Associate?
As an Academic Associate, you can immediately take advantage of the most valuable resources available to NAEA members:
- E@lert, the weekly e-newsletter that will keep you up-to-date on the very latest breaking news in the tax field
- Digital issues of EA Journal, NAEA's award-winning bi-monthly magazine that explores tax topics in-depth, straight to your email inbox
- The NAEA Tax Research Service, where tax questions are conveniently and reliably answered
- The NAEA Forums, where NAEA members from across the country exchange information and advice
- Access to the "Members Only" portion of the NAEA website, where a wealth of resources can be found to help you in your quest to earn the enrolled agent license
- Networking and training opportunities and eligibility to apply for a variety of NAEA offered scholarships to prepare for the Special Enrollment Exam
Academic Associate Members must earn their EA license within 10 years of their renewal date or membership classification will change to the Associate class at full Association dues.