Our desired future state and what ultimately guides the association:
The National Association of Enrolled Agents is recognized as the premier organization powering enrolled agents – America’s tax experts.
How we are going to achieve our vision:
We will advance the recognition of enrolled agents and enhance the professional growth of our members through promotion, member support, advocacy and education.
What we do and what we believe. As an organization, and as individuals, we:
- Adhere to high ethical standards
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Advocate for, and defend, the enrolled agent credential
- Promote competency through licensure and education
- Engage in visionary thinking
- Respect diversity
- Anticipate and meet member needs
- Support sound tax policy
- Protect taxpayer rights
- Practice knowledge-based governance
Goal Area 1: Membership Growth and Development
We will increase NAEA membership among existing and potential enrolled agents. We will also enhance member engagement by strengthening or creating products, services, and programs to deliver on the NAEA experience, benefits, and value.
- Emphasize obtaining additional members who are enrolled agents or on the enrolled agent license path
- Develop a membership category for enrolled agent firms
- Create a practice management tool for the three phases of career development: start-up, midcareer, and exit/succession
- Promote a sense of NAEA/Affiliate community through education, networking, and social engagement
Goal Area 2: Advocacy and Consumer Recognition of Enrolled Agents
We will advocate for enrolled agents and their rights to practice as well as on issues of critical importance to the profession, including tax preparer minimum standards, IRS future state, and the taxpayer rights. We will also raise the awareness of enrolled agents among the general public.
- Develop awareness campaigns focusing on increased exposure to the media, public and academic community
- Partner with the Internal Revenue Service to encourage greater promotion of the enrolled agent credential
Goal Area 3: Brand Recognition of the Association and Profession
We will strengthen NAEA brand and value proposition with members and the broader industry by reviewing NAEA’s graphic identity and forming partnerships with like-minded organizations.
- Build a strong coalition with other Circular 230 practitioners
- Contemporize and modernize the look and feel of the Association
- Enhance the relevance and awareness of the NTPI program
Goal Area 4: Financial Sustainability
Through strategic and financial planning, we will ensure NAEA has a strong financial sustainability plan including revenue diversification, sound administration and finance practices and policies and dues and non-dues revenue generation.
- Develop a plan to grow non-dues revenue
- Build a reserve policy that will increase reserves to $500,000 by June 30, 2021